Thursday, March 1, 2007

Who am I?

My name's Dan, and I've worked in th IT field for a while now. I originally graduated with a Bachelor's in Information Systems, but am now about 3/4 of the way through earning my Master's degree in Information Systems Management. Along the way, I've picked up my share of certifications which have been useful at one time or another.

To be honest, Google has been a motivation in all of this.

It's always been in the back of my mind that someday I would want to work at Google, developing the next web applications that would change the world. Among other reasons, I've adjusted the past 6 years of my professional life to make sure I get exposed to a variety of things, in order to make me a more well-rounded IT guy.

It's worked well for me. I'm glad that I have a few handfuls of knowledge about a very wide range of IT areas, but what I'm especially grateful for is the culture of learning I've become accustomed to. I've trained myself to get used to a constant learning process, because in IT, that's the life if you're going to survive. Whether it's reading a few hundred feeds per day, learning new programming concepts and languages or just working on your collaboration skills, this is the path to success: legitimate hard work and dedication. I think I've got it, and that Google and I will mesh wonderfully in this area.

Now all I need to do is prove it. :-)

No comments: